A maintenance worker performs an extensive range of general maintenance and repairs of faculties, buildings, and equipment. They execute work within established procedures and processes under both verbal and written instruction. General maintenance and repair workers often carry out many different tasks at any number of locations, both indoor and outdoor, throughout the day. Requirements for this position include but not limited to:
- Painting or repairing windows, doors, floors, woodwork, plaster, drywall, or other parts of building structures.
- Operating cutting torches or welding equipment to cut or join metal parts.
- Repairing and cleaning structures such as showers, floors, sinks, walls and carpets.
- Repairing door hinges, cleaning plugged key slots, changing filters on ventilation, heating, and air conditioning units.
- Moving and assisting in transportation of furniture and equipment.
- Installation of equipment guards.
- Cleaning, patching and repairing roofs and roof related items.