In today’s world of technology, the recruitment and matching process has become automated, and personal relationships have become something of the past – we’re here to change that! Talent Stream Staffing specializes in the placement of top talent in technical fields, including high-skilled manufacturing/ Engineering, Supply Chain, and manufacturing/ logistics technology. We provide talent for short term and long term contract positions, as well as direct hire placements for permanent needs.
We are currently working with a client who is seeking qualified candidates for a HEALTH/ SAFETY MANAGER position based out of their Conyers, GA location.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Our client is an established manufacturer in Georgia and is currently looking for a Safety Manager to join their team. Ideal candidates will be someone who drives continual improvement in health, environmental, safety and sustainability performance and provides guidance and support to site and regional management and/or Plant Manager/General Manager regarding Health, Environmental Safety and Sustainability (HESS) issues.
ABOUT THE JOB
Job functions for the HEALTH/ SAFETY MANAGER position include, but are not be limited to:
Work Results & Essential Actions
- Provide technical guidance concerning site HESS issues – site subject matter expert.
- Establishment and maintenance of site HESS objectives and targets.
- Represents HESS on site Leadership Team
- Development and execution of tactical and strategic plans to improve HESS performance.
- Manage the HESS training program, including new hire, job-specific, contractor and required refresher training.
- Manage the site HESS Committee.
- Manage site HESS communications.
- Manage site incident and injury reporting, investigation and recordkeeping.
- Assist in the management of worker’s compensation claims and the site Company Return to Work program.
- Manage the site HESS corrective and preventive actions to ensure timely follow-up and implementation.
- Manage the site waste management program including sustainability initiatives.
- Ensure the timely completion of all required safety, environmental and sustainability reporting to internal and external interested parties.
- Maintain the site HESS recordkeeping program.
- Manage site hazard assessments.
- Manage site hazard communication program, including SDS management and required training.
- Manage site Safety Management Systems.
- Manage site process safety management or E2 program, where applicable.
- Manage required environmental permits, reporting, monitoring and recordkeeping.
- Manage the facility leadership & employee safety programs.
- Manage the management of change process.
- Manage the site security programs.
- Manage site emergency response programs.
- Support hazardous materials transportation compliance.
- Management of Employees
- Manage the day-to-day activities of site HESS personnel.
- Assist in the identification and selection of site HESS personnel.
- Manage the training and development of site HESS personnel.
- Complete periodic performance reviews of site HESS personnel..
To be considered for the HEALTH/ SAFETY MANAGER position, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Technical degree in engineering, science, safety, industrial hygiene or similar discipline./ Equivalent experience will be considered.
- Relevant certifications a plus (CSP, CIH, CHMM, PE)
- 5+ years of environmental, health and safety compliance experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in the chemicals or consumer products industry is a plus.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of federal, state/provincial and local HESS regulations is required.
- Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM), Risk Management Plans (RMP) or E2 requirements is a plus.
- Experience supervising employees is a plus.
- Self-driver focusing on continuous improvement.
- Ability to collaborate, work beyond obstacles and build trust with impacted departments.
- Strong organization skills and ability to prioritize workload based on impact and facility goals.
- Ability to drive change by taking projects from proposal to implementation.
- Ability to effectively supervise, coach and mentor others.